Pilates Teacher Training
Pilates is considered to be one of the most efficient corrective exercise and intrinsic muscle training programs in Exercise Science.
The PSC Program is based off the original works of Joseph H. Pilates honoring the history of the classical method while incorporating contemporary principals and skills. It presents progressive movements which amend exercises to address the current functional needs of today’s students. This school prepares you to start your practice and finishes with a Certificate of Completion. A PSC education is a preparatory school and Continuing Education Provider for the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA).
Pilates Sports Center (PSC) Teacher Training Program is a comprehensive 450+ hour program offered in a modular or comprehensive format. A detailed photographic manual of each module is provided along with access to the PSC teacher training video library.
Enrollment is currently OPEN!
Become a Pilates Sports Center International Teacher
We allow you to begin your Pilates Teacher Training at any time of the year. Simply complete our two digital prerequisite courses of Anatomy and Pilates Fundamentals and begin with your first movement training module: in keeping with our yearly program. The PSC Pilates Teacher Training curriculum has purposely been scheduled to work within the rhythm of a seasonal resort calendar. Self-study and required program hours are formulated to be completed in a calendar year. Time lines and in- person intensive scheduling are subject to modification.
The PSC Pilates Teacher Training Program meets the criteria of the National Pilates Certification Program (NCPC®). Our program is designed to allow you to start teaching right out of school!
Upon completion of all program requirements, students receive a certificate of completion as a Comprehensively Trained Pilates Teacher.
This all-inclusive course includes:
- Pilates Mat Repertoire, Universal Reformer, Cadillac/Trapeze Table, Wunda Chair, and Barrels
- Client assessment and alignment protocol
- Anatomy, terminology and biomechanics taught in an interactive environment
- Small apparatus skills: magic circle, rotating discs, balance w/wobble board
- Verbal, Visual, and tactile cueing skills
- Attitude, confidence and composure of a professional instructor
- Studio etiquette and equipment safety
- Ethics and scope of practice
- Understanding specific injuries/dysfunctions and special circumstances
- Full Tuition: $ 5600.00 to $7900.00 (Fundamentals, Anatomy, Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair and Barrels) Please see prices.
- Non-Refundable Deposit: $500 (comes out of tuition) This is a 500 hour course, including classroom time, observation hours, self-integration hours, an anatomy thesis project and a client assessment project.
View the Courses – View Course List →
What Makes PSC Pilates Teacher Training Unique?
- Small class size, video conferencing meetings weekly, and home study work
allowing slow absorption of the material.
- Weekend intensive in-person classrooms by module.
- All PSC Master Trainers have achieved a high level of excellence in their field, hold multiple certifications, have passed rigorous testing and are PMA certified Pilates Teachers.
- Extensive photographic manual is included in the course, outlining each exercise in length using both the Classical and Progressive versions of each exercise.
- The PSC Subscription Channel holds the entire Pilates Exercise Library.
- PSC teaches more than the choreography of each skill. The student is presented with organization, progression and execution, and the method.
- Competitively priced.
- Many variations and modifications are taught to assist a client with injuries or special needs. The PSC format creates a most capable and skilled trainer.
- Review and testing are 90% oral/practical, training you to think on your feet and apply information in a practical, physical way, insuring an understanding of the material for your success.
- Students are given ample practical and verbal review time in class with their Master Teacher Trainer.
- PSC consistently upholds the most current PMA curriculum recommendations.